Tuesday, June 22, 2010


Today, I started working on the windows. I got four of my large
windows at a building recycle center for 17.00 dollars each. I bought
80.00 dollars worth of treated wood to rebuild all four frames. The
picture is of the window I framed today. It was much easier than I
thought. The other three shouldn't take more than two days. Using
recycled windows saved me about 1500.00 on those four windows alone.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

This is cool

The wall on the left has been weedeated, and the wall on the right has
not. The weedeated wall makes an ideal surface for plaster to stick to.

Weedeating the house today

We are weedeating the loose straw off the walls today so the plaster
has a nice surface to stick to.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Inside bales

Straw bales Stacked!

The straw bales are officially stacked.
WooHoo! Carrie and I finished all of the bale stacking by ourselves.
We still have to stuff straw in cracks and holes and around some
conduit, but the main bale stacking is over. On to windows and doors
next, then lots of plaster preperation before we start slinging mud.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Earth floor work

I rented a skidsteer loader to put another layer of the earth floor in
while I could still drive through one of the wall sections. The next
thing to go on the floor will be the radiant tubing, which I will do
much later on. Driving these machines is incredibly fun. This one was
all hand controls, and can turn on a dime.

Sunday, June 6, 2010